Meteorite builds coalitions and campaigns that drive social transformation. We align businesses, civil society, and philanthropy around shared values and common purpose and inspire unlikely partnerships that benefit people and communities.
Our clients are among the most influential and innovative philanthropic organizations and brands in the country. We amplify their work in civic engagement, public health, safety, and kindness, helping them achieve breakthrough results that merge purpose and profit.
Meteorite LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
For this full-time position, the Program Associate will support Meteorite’s civic portfolio consisting of multiple civic projects and clients, including the Civic Alliance, one of Meteorite’s signature programs.
A talented and experienced writer/editor excited to join our team at Meteorite.
Your writing is polished, captivating, and useful. You have an unwavering knack for distilling the essence of a message while cutting through unnecessary fluff. You possess the skill to determine when industry jargon serves a purpose and when it hinders comprehension. Your expertise extends to knowing when to infuse a touch of flair or when to stick to straightforward facts. You find typos intolerable and possess an innate ability to transform subpar drafts into something remarkable. You possess a deep understanding of brand voice principles and how to write for a target audience -- with experience writing specifically for employers or the business community.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to write clear and concise copy for a business leader audience, as well as a strong understanding of public health, specifically as it relates to employers. The writer/editor will also be responsible for editing and proofreading content, ensuring all content is polished, accurate, and aligns with our organization's mission.
While the candidate will have the opportunity to support a range of Meteorite’s impact programs, the primary focus will be support of our signature initiative, Health Action Alliance (HAA).
This role reports to Meteorite’s Health Group Lead and Executive Director of HAA.
- Write and edit a variety of content for our newsletters, website, events, employer resources, press releases, social media and other communications and marketing materials
- Proofread and edit content for accuracy and clarity
- Work with other members of the team to ensure all content is proofread, timely, relevant, educational, engaging and actionable for our audience and consistent with our brand and messaging
- Stay up-to-date on health and workplace trends and topics, supporting content direction
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in writing and editing, ideally in a corporate communications or other employer-focused role or working with a business-focused media organization
- Strong understanding of health and workplace topics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to write in a variety of formats and channels (e.g. social media, website copy, email newsletters, printed materials, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you are a talented and experienced writer/editor with a passion for health, we encourage you to apply.
METEORITE’S VALUES AND COMMITMENTS
- All Meteorite team members demonstrate the principles of integrity, teamwork, velocity, innovation, and impact.
- We are committed to civic engagement, health equity, and access to opportunity, as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Our work environment is one of psychological safety, collaborative learning, coaching, and personal and professional development. We want Meteorite to be a place where everyone can thrive and grow their careers.
- The starting salary for this position is $70,000, commensurate with experience level and geographic location.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans that are heavily subsidized by the company.
- Access to our 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Health and wellness PTO to include vacation days & company holidays: 10 days of annual paid vacation time in addition to 10 federally-recognized holidays + 2 floating holidays. Furthermore, Meteorite closes the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Student loan repayment benefits, up to $2,400 per year.
- Coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Unlimited paid sick leave and mental health time off; paid time off for doctors’ visits, including time off for dependents / covered family members if needed.
- Paid time off to participate in civic activities such as voting, serving as a poll worker or performing jury duty.
- Mental health benefits and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers you and your family members free, confidential, 24/7 support at no cost to help you build greater work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Monthly technology stipend, as well as a remote workstation allowance to improve safety and reduce the risk of ergonomic and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, child and/or elder care expenses.
Interested? Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Staff Writer” and where you saw this job post.