Meteorite builds coalitions and campaigns that drive social transformation. We align businesses, civil society, and philanthropy around shared values and common purpose and inspire unlikely partnerships that benefit people and communities.
Our clients are among the most influential and innovative philanthropic organizations and brands in the country. We amplify their work in civic engagement, public health, safety, and kindness, helping them achieve breakthrough results that merge purpose and profit.
Meteorite LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As Program Associate at Meteorite, you will provide key support and manage daily operations needs for our civics portfolio, which includes our signature initiative, the Civic Alliance. You will report to a program manager and work hand in hand with the team to bring an impact program to life.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for engaging the business community in collective impact. We expect this candidate to be a generalist with experience in and a passion for civics.
- Research and draft written communications for reports, toolkits, and presentations, and member company engagement
- Support production of weekly newsletters including research, writing, design, copyediting, etc.
- Draft / develop web and social media content
Project Support & Reporting
- Work with Project Manager to build detailed project plans to monitor and track the progress of various initiatives
- Measure project performance based on agreed-upon metrics
- Prepare monthly and quarterly trackers of project performance
- Provide scheduling support for team, partner, and client meetings
- Take notes during meetings and support follow-up and tracking of key actions
- Maintain database of key partners, contacts, and relevant information
Audience Engagement & Growth
- Manage and update audience and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms (e.g. Hubspot)
- Leverage CRM to track, understand, and identify opportunities to increase audience growth and engagement rates (e.g. click-through rates, email opens, etc.)
- Manage follow up and support civic concierge member outreach and engagement
- Keep program websites up to date with our latest resources, news, and relevant information
- Track basic web analytics and prepare reports summarizing visitors and engagement
Event Support: Support Events Director and program team to develop, manage and market virtual and in-person events. This will require you to:
- Conduct background research about potential speakers, topics or partners that should be invited to participate in the event
- Draft invitations to potential speakers
- Prepare briefing memos for confirmed speakers and moderators
- Coordinate the development of slides & an event script
- Confirm and coordinate speakers and moderators
- Help produce virtual meetings using relevant live stream platforms (e.g. Zoom)
- Manage event follow-up by drafting thank you notes, preparing audience analysis, and drafting key takeaway messages
Conduct research on key program topics:
- Provide written and verbal analysis of research (in the form of briefs, memos and short presentations) to team members
- Be comfortable synthesizing complex information into high-level overviews and recommendations for the program and audience
Stay up to date:
- Track trends in corporate civic engagement, social impact, and related topics to ensure program is supported with up to date and innovative opportunities
YOUR MINDSET AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, political science, communications, public relations, or a specific social impact or other relevant field.
- 1-4 years of experience in agency, social impact, marketing, communications or nonprofit work (internship experience counts). Preference will be given to those with business experience and/or civic experience.
- An organized, detail-oriented, and high-energy creative thinker and problem-solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity
- An exceptional communicator and strong written communication skills.
- Have an intermediate to advanced level of experience with major social media platforms, able to build not just content but strategy
- Ability to multitask and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- A confident self-starter who is ready to take initiative to tackle complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who collaborates well with internal and external partners to help our clients achieve their goals
- Experience with HubSpot or other CRMs is a plus.
- A deeply curious learner, always looking to grow and stay current with the topics most important to our firm and our clients
- Views work product through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion, challenging yourself, your teammates, and the entire firm to be anti racist
METEORITE’S VALUES AND COMMITMENTS
- All Meteorite team members demonstrate the principles of integrity, teamwork, velocity, innovation, and impact.
- We are committed to civic engagement, health equity, and access to opportunity, as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Our work environment is one of psychological safety, collaborative learning, coaching, and personal and professional development. We want Meteorite to be a place where everyone can thrive and grow their careers.
- The salary range for this position is $70,000-80,000, commensurate with experience level and geographic location.
- Bonus eligible.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans that are heavily subsidized by the company.
- Access to our 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Health and wellness PTO to include vacation days & company holidays: 10 days of annual paid vacation time in addition to 10 federally-recognized holidays + 2 floating holidays. Furthermore, Meteorite closes the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Student loan repayment benefits, up to $2,400 per year.
- Coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Parental leave includes up to 16 work weeks of partially-paid family/medical leave within a 12-month period.
- Unlimited paid sick leave and mental health time off; paid time off for doctors’ visits, including time off for dependents / covered family members if needed.
- Paid time off to participate in civic activities such as voting, serving as a poll worker or performing jury duty.
- Mental health benefits and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers you and your family members free, confidential, 24/7 support at no cost to help you build greater work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Monthly technology stipend, as well as a remote workstation allowance to improve safety and reduce the risk of ergonomic and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, child and/or elder care expenses.
Interested? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Program Associate: Civics” and where you saw this job post.
Meteorite is deeply committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all team members and consultants feel welcomed and empowered. More than a commitment not to discriminate, we actively encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe diverse perspectives will make us better, and we enthusiastically welcome all applicants, no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or abilities. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Act. This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the position. Responsibilities may evolve with the demands of the company.