As a team of passionate changemakers with deep experience designing and building coalitions creating positive social impact in the worlds of civic engagement, public health, safety and kindness, we’ve come to realize positive change isn't just external, it’s internally driven and starts with our people.
Meteorite LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
With that in mind, we are seeking someone to help champion our internal culture of belonging in our day-to-day internal operations and programming. This role is an exciting opportunity to provide administrative and general people support across the organization by supporting three Executives within the Meteorite leadership team and the functioning of the team as a whole.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Help contribute to a diverse and dedicated team;
- Help create and execute internal events and programming;
- Engage at the intersection of business and social impact; and,
- Meaningfully contribute to some of the most pressing issues facing our country, including leading a movement to promote mental wellness across the country and strengthening our democracy.
About the Job
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hybrid Role (Remote Work with In-Person Touchpoints)
Leadership & Administrative Support (Approx. 50% of your time)
- Manage and maintain calendars and scheduling;
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements, support expense reporting;
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and housekeeping to aid executives;
- Support and manage speaker gift and client gift needs;
- Perform general office support duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, creating digital filing and organization systems
- Manage generic company emails, support responses - prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries - and direct accordingly;
- Attend meetings to record minutes and follow up with after-action plans;
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentations, expense reports, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or slide software;
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by leadership and clients;
Team & Operations Support (Approx. 50% of your time)
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for team, committee, board, and other meetings;
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees;
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for team;
- Help onboard new hires by ensuring they complete all necessary forms, receive all onboarding material, meet with key team members; are familiar with TriNet portal, and order any required new equipment;
- Assist in the launch and coordination of the Meteorite internship program by supporting relationships with college and graduate programs (eg. HBCUs and other undergraduate schools, MBA social impact programs, etc) and youth leadership development (eg. Prep for Prep) and helping to allocate interns to Program Teams;
- Establish a feedback mechanism for employees to share ideas and recommendations on how to strengthen our culture;
- Help execute monthly staff meet-up days and staff retreats, managing the coordination of the meet-up venue, food for breakfast and lunch, and a venue for happy hour within walking distance. Also, send meeting invitations, take notes, and coordinate follow-up of action items.
- Support the alignment of project team schedules, ensuring events and campaign activations do not overlap and are set up for successful launch;
- Provide support to project teams on virtual and in-real-life events
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the position. Responsibilities may evolve with the demands of the company.
Your Mindset and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 5+ years of administrative and operations experience, specifically supporting C-suite level executives or entrepreneurs;
- Experience supporting two or more executives simultaneously preferred.
- Must be a positive and contributing team member;
- Must have uncompromised judgment and be able to operate with discretion as it relates to confidential matters;
- Must be ready and willing to go above and beyond with all tasks assigned;
- Must be intellectually curious and interested in learning and development;
- Must be able to excel in all communication settings, including presentations, meetings, zoom calls and general conversation;
- Must operate with a people-first approach to all facets of the business
Meteorite’s Values and Commitments
- All Meteorite team members demonstrate the principles of integrity, teamwork, velocity, innovation, and impact.
- We are committed to civic engagement, health equity, and access to opportunity, as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Our work environment is one of psychological safety, collaborative learning, coaching, and personal and professional development. We want Meteorite to be a place where everyone can thrive and grow their careers.
- The salary range for this position is $65,000-80,000, commensurate with experience level and geographic location.
- Bonus eligible starting in 2023.
- A remote organization, with regular opportunities to engage with team members and clients in person.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans that are heavily subsidized by the company.
- Access to our 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Health and wellness PTO to include Vacation Days & Company Holidays: 10 days of annual paid vacation time in addition to 10 federally-recognized holidays. Furthermore, Meteorite closes our offices between Christmas and New Year's Day;
- Coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Parental leave includes up to 16 work weeks of partially-paid family/medical leave within a 12-month period.
- Generous paid sick leave and mental health time off; paid time off for doctors’ visits, including time off for dependents / covered family members if needed.
- Paid time off to participate in civic activities such as voting, serving as a poll worker or performing jury duty.
- Mental health benefits and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers you and your family members free, confidential, 24/7 support at no cost to help you build greater work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Monthly $50 technology stipend, as well as a remote workstation allowance to improve safety and reduce the risk of ergonomic and musculoskeletal injuries.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Executive Assistant.