Location: Remote (U.S.), Los Angeles Preferred
Hybrid Role (Remote Work with Regular In-Person Touchpoints)
We are Meteorite, the team behind the coalitions creating a better future. We build coalitions that tackle society’s biggest challenges and power their progress to advance well-being for all.
We conceived and lead the Civic Alliance and the Health Action Alliance – large private-sector coalitions committed to strengthening our democracy and improving the health and wellness of workers and communities across the United States. We also work with influential NGOs, Fortune 500 companies, and other organizations to help them create and scale coalitions for impact on a wide range of issues, including workplace safety, early education, HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness, and anti-bullying/belonging.
We’re a dynamic, rapidly growing agency, with 25% growth projected year over year in 2022 and 2023. Our team represents a diverse and dedicated group of self-starters drawing on decades of experience in business, nonprofits and government. At the heart of our work is impact; we aim to inspire positive change and achievement in people and communities we serve.
Join us and let’s make impact, together.
Meteorite is seeking an experienced Editorial Director. You will oversee the strategy, execution and quality of the editorial materials produced across Meteorite’s channels, primarily Health Action Alliance. This position will report to co-CEO Steven Levine.
The Editorial Director is a master storyteller – you find joy in uncovering gems that lead to insights and inspiration. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a stable of freelance writers and ensuring polished, expertly executed content that reflects the brand and voice of Health Action Alliance. Your mission in 2024 is to raise the quality and profile of our editorial products, including event scripts, newsletter content, video scripts, resource guides, and more. The Editorial Director will be a key leader in helping to position HAA and Meteorite as a thought leader applying the power of business for social impact.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to evolve and refine content strategy and editorial processes.
- Coordinate, assign, and edit freelancer content.
- Contribute oversight to content that is produced in-house by the Civic Alliance and Health Action Alliance teams.
- Manage events and design teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including program managers to align on voice and content efforts and ensure cohesive strategies.
- Lead advocacy of editorial best practices across Meteorite and maintain editorial style guide.
- Write content as needed and manage editorial production workflow.
YOUR MINDSET AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of proven experience in content creation and storytelling, with 3+ years in a leadership or managerial role
- Superlative writing and editing skills
- Ability to activate your network of freelance writers
- Strong portfolio showcasing storytelling ability across different mediums (written, visual, video, etc.) and platforms
- A creative and strategic mindset that will bring stories, data, and research to life
- Excellent leadership skills but also a strong desire to be deeply engaged in the work
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and project management abilities
- Interest in making an impact at the intersection of business and social issues
- Frequent travel is expected for in-person events and team meetings.
METEORITE’S VALUES AND COMMITMENTS
- All Meteorite team members demonstrate the principles of integrity, teamwork, velocity, innovation, and impact.
- We are committed to civic engagement, health equity, and access to opportunity, as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Our work environment is one of psychological safety, collaborative learning, coaching, and personal and professional development. We want Meteorite to be a place where everyone can thrive and grow their careers.
- The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $180,000, commensurate with experience level and geographic location.
- Bonus eligible starting in 2024.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans that are heavily subsidized by the company.
- Access to our 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Health and wellness PTO to include vacation days & company holidays: 15 days of annual paid vacation time in addition to 10 federally-recognized holidays + 2 floating holidays. Furthermore, Meteorite closes our offices July 4th week and the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Student loan repayment benefits, up to $2,400 per year.
- Coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Parental leave includes up to 16 work weeks of partially-paid family/medical leave within a 12-month period.
- Unlimited paid sick leave and mental health time off; paid time off for doctors’ visits, including time off for dependents / covered family members if needed.
- Paid time off to participate in civic activities such as voting, serving as a poll worker or performing jury duty.
- Mental health benefits and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers you and your family members free, confidential, 24/7 support at no cost to help you build greater work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Monthly technology stipend, as well as a remote workstation allowance to improve safety and reduce the risk of ergonomic and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, child and/or elder care expenses.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Editorial Director” Please include who referred you to the role or how you learned about the opportunity.
Meteorite is deeply committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all team members and consultants feel welcomed and empowered. More than a commitment not to discriminate, we actively encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe diverse perspectives will make us better, and we enthusiastically welcome all applicants, no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or abilities. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Act. This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the position. Responsibilities may evolve with the demands of the company.