We are Meteorite, the team behind the coalitions creating a better future. We build coalitions that tackle society’s biggest challenges and power their progress to advance well-being for all.
We conceived and lead the Civic Alliance and the Health Action Alliance – large private-sector coalitions committed to strengthening our democracy and improving the health and wellness of workers and communities across the United States. We also work with influential NGOs, Fortune 500 companies, and other organizations to help them create and scale coalitions for impact on a wide range of issues, including workplace safety, early education, HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness, and anti-bullying/belonging.
We’re a dynamic, rapidly growing agency, with 25% growth projected year over year in 2022 and 2023. Our team represents a diverse and dedicated group of self-starters drawing on decades of experience in business, nonprofits and government. At the heart of our work is impact; we aim to inspire positive change and achievement in people and communities we serve.
Join us and let’s make impact, together.
Meteorite is looking for an inspiring leader to help build and lead a growing team that drives communications and editorial content across the agency. The ideal candidate is a visionary self-starter who can carry the agency to new levels of visibility and influence even while creating our core deliverables; who has the leadership and management experience needed to build an in-house editorial and communications team; hire, mentor and coach team members; provide strategic counsel to Meteorite leadership and initiatives; and ensure the agency maintains a strong editorial voice across all our projects and programs.
The successful Director of Content & Communications will:
- Articulate and coach team members to communicate with a clear, consistent voice for Meteorite that reflects our commitment to excellence and impact.
- Work with Meteorite’s program leaders to create high-quality written and verbal communications across all our projects, with an eye toward building and leading a team of editorial professionals.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of employer-focused resources associated with our various initiatives, including toolkits, playbooks, guides, fact sheets, sample CEO communications, weekly email newsletters and other tools.
- Work with team members to interview business leaders and conduct surveys and secondary research to support our communications products and advance our mission.
- Generate ideas for external communications and draft or oversee their development. External communications include op-eds, media and podcast appearances, press releases, thought leadership opportunities, industry awards and other materials that will showcase Meteorite and our co-founders; our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging; and our various initiatives and our clients.
- Collaborate with program teams to drive event-related communications, including remarks for executives and speakers, copy for invitations and slides and any follow-up communications.
- Identify and cultivate opportunities for future projects for the firm, working with Meteorite’s founders to develop proposals and pitch new business.
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients and manage client expectations through regular contact. Coordinate across client and partner communications teams.
- Stay apprised of the latest environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) news and trends, bringing forward best-in-class strategies and approaches from the business community that can be replicated in Meteorite programming or events.
- Collaborate closely with the Meteorite’s co-founders and other senior staff to scale the organization in a way that’s aligned with our values and our commitment to exceptional quality and impact.
Your Mindset and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in editorial leadership, editorial content development and/or corporate communications. Relevant experience in philanthropy, private organizations or campaigns welcomed.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities with a proven track record leading diverse, high-performing communications teams.
- An inspiring coach and leader who’s committed to building an energetic, supportive and deeply collaborative workplace culture.
- A storyteller with exceptional writing and speaking skills, including demonstrated experience writing for and presenting to clients and partners at all levels. Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for producing polished presentations, insightful reports, and thoughtful plans.
- Experience synthesizing and presenting complex information, including a familiarity with leveraging data such as public health metrics, social issue data and related information.
- A creative thinker and problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A deeply curious learner, always looking to grow and stay current with the topics most important to our firm and our clients.
- A willingness to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership and an ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
Meteorite’s Values and Commitments
- All Meteorite team members demonstrate the principles of integrity, teamwork, velocity, innovation, and impact.
- We are committed to civic engagement, health equity, and access to opportunity, as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Our work environment is one of psychological safety, collaborative learning, coaching, and personal and professional development. We want Meteorite to be a place where everyone can thrive and grow their careers.
- Highly competitive salaries and an annual bonus structure that rewards personal and company performance.
- A fully remote organization, with an opportunity to engage with team members and clients located across the United States.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans that are heavily subsidized by the company.
- Access to our 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Generous paid vacation time, plus ten paid company holidays, two floating holidays and the full week between Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
- Coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Paid parental leave.
- Civic hours for activities such as voting, serving as a poll worker or performing jury duty.
- Mental health benefits and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers you and your family members free, confidential, 24/7 support at no cost to help you build greater work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Monthly technology stipend, as well as a remote workstation allowance to improve safety and reduce the risk of ergonomic and musculoskeletal injuries.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meteorite is deeply committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all team members and consultants feel welcomed and empowered. More than a commitment not to discriminate, we actively encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe diverse perspectives will make us better, and we enthusiastically welcome all applicants, no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or abilities. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Act.This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the position. Responsibilities may evolve with the demands of the company.